To Write, Or Not to Write? To write.


One of my soon-to-be resolutions is to write more blogs. Not post things, but actually write. You know, unleash my inner Carrie Bradshaw (only a more Sylvia Plath-like version). It's funny, the one question I'm always asked after people find out I majored in English is "Oh, so you're a writer?" I usually cringe with a simple "No." I'm just damaged and neurotic. Let me assure you that their is a BIG difference between writers and people who can write. I will never consider myself a "writer." However, this after-graduation hiatus is driving me nuts and I need to put some energy into something productive. It seems whenever I have time off, my thoughts get the best of me; which usually off spins into an anxiety-driven depression (although I haven't had the urge to stick my head in an oven). Turns out I do my best when I have something to do. I need structure and deadlines, not an empty apartment with nothing to do but rewrite my resume 500 times a day - I'm not exaggerating. Have you tried finding a job lately? Starbucks won't even hire me! Thanks, recession. Therefore, since my days are beginning to blend together, it seems like I'll have plenty of time write.

My favorite bloggers are the ones who write about their life, not the daily-journal-of-uninteresting-things-you've-done-lately, but the ones who dig deep and share experiences that are relatable (whether good or bad). This is where my issue comes in. For some reason, I have the biggest issue with sharing information. I figure the best way to start is to follow in Ashley's footsteps and Blog Through My Years, from kindergarden through College. It should be fun. And therapeutic. I'll upload Kindergarden within the next few days; you know, in between my daily debates with deciding whether or not to add periods after my "Skills and Qualification" fragments.

Comments

One response to “To Write, Or Not to Write? To write.”

Vicky said...
December 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM

That's such a good idea! I'm really excited to read your blogs. Will you please still post things once in awhile? I always get new information from you. Haha. Good luck with this endeavor. :)

Post a Comment